Friday, May 20, 2011

Hike to Vernal Falls

 Our first full day in Yosemite, we hiked up the "mist" trail.  Amazingly all nine families in our group made it to the bridge view of Vernal Falls.  (1.6 miles round trip, but mostly UP UP UP)  After a long rest at the bridge including lunch, I decided I needed to go further.  Seth was going to go with me, and the other three stay by the bridge.  But then, no, they decided they needed to come too.  So Jeff carried Audrey, and I helped Davis along, and Seth was off on his own.  Those of you who know the trail know that after the bridge the trail turns into large granite steps with a constant spraying of water from the falls.  Otherwise a very slippery treacherous route along the river.  Well we got pretty high before we decided we better turn around.  I think Seth would have kept going if we had let him, but everyone else surely needed a break.















No comments: