Today all three of my kids went to preschool. It was Audrey and Davis's very first school experience. Seth moved from the blue side, to the purple side, so things were new for him too. It was shockingly easy. Not a tear from anyone. So different than the first day (weeks) that Seth went to three different preschools. There was massive crying and screaming. We walked in and Audrey and Davis put their blankets in their cubbies. Thankfully the school lets the kids come visit in the weeks leading up to the semester, so we had all visited twice, and found all the important places. Then Davis saw an easel. And paint. I can't think of a time when he has gotten to paint before. I have just not had the energy to provide that opportunity to 2 2yos and a 4yo. He ran over there, and they were just then taking paint outside. Even better. He followed behind the teacher, with Audrey just behind him. They sat at the table and couldn't have cared less where Mommy and Daddy were. (Jeff came to help with the drop-off, guess he didn't need to bother!) So I took Seth over to the big kid side, where I hung out for a while. He was still a little unsure, and his best friend from last year wasn't there yet. But he was very excited about the playground with bigger toys, and of course, being my child, the best part is the HUGE tree they have on that side.
I stopped back by Audrey and Davis, and they had already washed up and were sitting at the table, ready to eat their snack. Having a GREAT time. I think all the prep of visiting, and that they had seen Seth go for a year, and that they had each other all combined to make preschool not scary at all. I'm wondering how having a twin by their side will help them in future new situations. Hopefully lots! The last three pictures are trying to show how much paint is on Davis and Audrey, but the camera doesn't really do it justice.
 |
| Walking in |
 |
| Daddy says goodbye |
 |
| the TREE |
 |
| The aftermath |
No comments:
Post a Comment