Last Saturday my Mom and I took the kids to the Rununculus fields in Carlsbad. They used to just be a bunch of fields of flowers that you walked around, but they have really changed it into an attraction. There is a stamp pathway for the kids to follow, special areas for taking pictures, a lookout at the top of the hill, tractor rides around the fields, a sweet pea maze, an orchid house and a playground that is a tribute to Santa's Village. The kids had a great time, although I could never get them all to sit in front of the flowers for a photo. We certainly ran out of time, and could have spent at least a couple more hours there. They also had a little food stand with really good barbecue chicken and brisket. I definitely recommend it as an outing, but they only bloom March through May, so go soon!
1 comment:
This looks like a lot of fun, we are going to plan a trip - thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment