Friday, August 14, 2009

Brave Boy

On Wednesday, at my mom's house, Seth tripped and fell on a decorative light. The light is a metal pole on a stake which has a glass globe on the top. He knocked off the globe (thankfully not breaking the glass) but basically landed his neck on the metal fixture. I saw from across the yard, and I could just see that he had landed with his neck on a sharp metal object. This time I was unable to stave off panic until the blood was cleaned up. Jeff leapt across the yard and clamped his hand over Seth's neck and rushed him into the bathroom, and announced we were going to the ER. I was able to calm down when he said the cut was closer to Seth's chin than his other more vital parts. Off to Memorial, where he bravely displays the cut for me to take a picture:

Waiting for the doctor:

In the end he got 8 stiches, which was an experience in torture all on its own. (Imagine trying to keep a 3 1/2 year old still enough to put stiches in his chin.)

But all in all he's doing quite well!

No comments: